Standard Image Sizes
Slider: Landing Pages = 600×350
Slider: Location Pages = 530×350
Content block: Text with Photo (Landing Pages) = 300×200
Icons, Landing Pages: 150×150 (see Vote homepage)
Sidebar: Maximum 315 pixels wide
Default Template, Maximum Pixel Width:
600 pixels wide for a page with sidebar
900 pixels wide for a full width page
Image with a Caption
Images on the County’s Flickr site are available for use in County products.
Several stock agencies license images at low-costs for specific uses (ex. iStockphoto).
Our web icons were made into a web font and render as text.
Image Do’s & Don’ts
- Use well-known symbols to facilitate user recognition when browsing a page (e.g. recycling arrows, stop sign)
- Obtain usage rights
- Crop and resize images before posting
- Use the most appropriate format (usually JPG for photos and PNG for everything else)
- Include alt tags for each image
- Use photos that you do not have the “right” to use (images that are owned by someone other than the County and for which you have not received permission in writing — and possibly payment)
- Use clip art or photos without a specific purpose
- Use photos that will become outdated quickly
- Feature specific brands unless necessary (e.g. DTS uses Dell & Microsoft logos in industry briefings because those are our preferred suppliers)