GovDelivery is the main tool used for County enewsletters and eproducts. This product includes list management, message templates, an easy-to-use interface, and more. In addition, GovDelivery provides measured insights for you to track effectiveness, including open rates and click-through rates. GovDelivery also provides the ability to text message subscribers.
The Communications Office has a GovDelivery corporate account, and can set up subaccounts for departments and other internal groups – at no cost to the department (fees for texting may require payment by agency). Agencies with subaccounts include Libraries, DPR, DHS, DES, and CPHD. If you’re interested in using GovDelivery, contact the Communications Office.
Other eNewsletter and Digital Communciations Tools
- Vertical response — used by Arlington Economic Development
- Constant Contact — Voter Registration for election volunteers
- L-Soft/L-Soft Maestro — Only a few groups still use this product (for two-way communication group lists, involving internal AND external email addresses)
Though Departments have flexibility in designing their products, the Communications Office can consult on new and existing products. Certain elements, however, should be standard in every product:
- The County logo, in the top banner area or the bottom, with a link back to the County website
- Who publishes the product (department/division/program) and contact link, in the footer area
- Ability for users to manage their own subscription — including an easy way to unsubscribe
- Messages sent in HTML and text
Users should be able to sign up for subscriptions from the central subscriptions page. In addition, agencies can (and should) market their products from their subject-specific pages.